Meenu Gammath – Aromas of Coastal Seafood Lunch. This is something new that Ocean Pearl has introduced in Coral – the multi-cuisine family restaurant in Mangalore and is catching up quite well among fish lovers.
To break this down in a simple way, it’s nothing but a Fish Thali but with exotic seafood. If you don’t like waiting in line, eating in a hurry or facing the issue of finding parking like at other local fish joints then this is what you should opt for.
At Ocean Pearl for 275 Rs. ( + Tax ) what you get is the following:
- 1 Piece of fried Anjal/Boothai/Ade Meen
- 3 Pieces of fried Silver Fish
- Squid Sukka/Pepper
- Prawns Ghee Roast
- Dry Vegetable (Channa) and Chutney
- 2 Pieces of Neer Dosa
- Portion of White / Boiled rice.
- A bowl each of Fish Curry and Sambar
Now for those of you who think that all the above is very expensive, let’s do the math keeping in mind
The price at any local fish joint would charge for the same are here below:
- 1 Piece of fried Anjal/Boothai/Ade Meen – 120 Rs
- 3 Pieces of fried Silver Fish – 30 Rs.
- Squid Sukka/Pepper – 50 Rs.
- Prawns Ghee Roast – 50 Rs.
- Fish Meal (including rice, Curry and little Pallya) – 40 Rs.
- 2 Pieces of Neer Dosa – 20 Rs.
- Papad – 10 Rs.
- Payasam – 20 Rs
GRAND TOTAL: 340 Rs.
P.S: The grand total above excludes cost of Air conditioning, valet parking, good and polite service and people not staring at you waiting for you to get up from your seat!
Taste wise everything was extremely fresh and tasted immaculate.
Also note that the varieties of dishes changes daily so that you wont get the same dish even if you are one like us who wouldn’t mind having a fish meal daily!
Do try out Meenu Gammath today and keep in mind that this available only during lunch time.
Location : The Ocean Pearl, Navabharath Circle, Kodialbail, Mangaluru, Karnataka 575003
Call : 0824 241 3800
Follow Us on Instagram Now: