Article & Image by : Vinayak Kini , Zico Mendes | Official Team Member The 3 Hungry Men – Bangalore
When it’s a Taj, you expect class and sophistication. And was that in overflow or what, when earlier this week, T3HM was invited to a unique one-of-a-kind tasting.
Varq, the crown jewel of Indian Food, which is based out of the Taj Mahal Hotel in New Delhi is running a pop-up gig at the Masala Klub, Taj West End Bangalore. Now, here’s 5 reasons why you need to make immediate plans to make a visit to Race Course road:
1. There’s 5 courses of food, and you get the best of the lot. Here’s what are our absolute must haves:
a. For Starters, go for either the Ambedi Fish, which a river sole fish marinated with mango flavors, or the minced chicken Gandheri Kebab, served on a sugarcane stick.
b. For the soup, the unique Kaale Channe ki Cappucino -> Black Chickpea broth tempered with spices.
c. A raw mango sorbet to cleanse your palate (FYI: the awesome taste of imli and pepper has us flipping!)
d. Murg Sirka Pyaaz, which is Chicken Tikka in an onion and tomato based Gravy for the mains. Pair it with the Cheese Naan or the Mirchi Naan, both of which are fab!
e. Apple Kheer for desserts! Simply the best we’ve had so far!!
2. Pair it with some good wine, and we promise that this will add a completely new dimension to your meal. We were served an Indian Chardonnay (Big Banyan) which went perfect with almost every course. Add to it the romantic outdoor setting, and you electricity in the air!
3. The menu is seasonal. There’s a new menu every month, so this is as current as it gets. To quote the chef – “the farmers of my region decide my menu for the month”
4. .. Speaking of whom, Chef Rajesh, who’s flown down with his team from Delhi is a veritable encyclopedia of food. Have a chat, pick his mind and come back enlightened and far more appreciative of the nuances of Indian Food.
5. Lastly, it’s the Taj, dummy. And Varq is the best of modern Indian dining, recreating old classics with a contemporary twist. It’s when you marry the best of heritage and modernity, and derive magic out of it. Experience it, to feel the bliss!
Location: Masala Klub, The Taj West End, 25, Race Course Road, High Grounds, Bengaluru -1